Frequently Asked Questions (with answers!)
Is a deposit required when booking a party?
A $100 deposit is required when booking your party; the final balance may be paid on the day. A minimum of 3 business days’ notice is required to receive a refund of the deposit amount.
Is there a minimum number of guests for a birthday party booking?
There is a minimum payment of 8 guests to enjoy the full experience of a birthday party with AMF including your own dedicated party host.
Can I bring my own birthday cake?
You are welcome to bring your own birthday cake, or you can purchase an ice cream cake from our available extras.
Can I / we bring my own food?
No external food or beverage is permitted, unless in relation to a food allergy which the centre has been made aware of.
Where do we eat?
Your group will either be eating in the centre's party room [selected centres], or on the concourse, subject to availability.
Can AMF organise party invitations?
Party invitations are available online, you will be emailed a link, alternatively contact 1300 368 067 for invitations to be posted to you or head into your selected centre to pick some up.
Will AMF supply socks for bowling?
Please remind your guests to bring a pair of socks.
Do we need to arrive earlier than our booking time?
We request that you and your guests arrive 20-30mins prior to your party start time to organise shoes, food, etc. This is to ensure that your party experience begins on time and that none of your guests miss out on any of the fun! Your party will commence on the hour.
How long is a birthday party at AMF?
Depending on the party package you have chosen:
- A one game bowling party will go for approximately 2 hours
- A one game Laser only party will go for approximately 1 ½hours
- A two game Laser only party will go for approximately 2 hours
- A two game bowling party will go for approximately 2 ½hours
- A combo party will go for approximately 2 ½hours
- A regular arcade party will go for approximately 2 hours
The party tables will be available for up to 45 minutes. Please note that even though every endeavour is made to guarantee tables are available for adults, during busier periods this may not always be possible.
Does the birthday booking need to be confirmed?
Please call us on the Wednesday before your party to confirm the following:
- Final number of guests attending – this number is to ensure adequate staff and catering on the day;
- Any special dietary requirements i.e. vegetarian or food intolerances;
- If you would like to order any additional platters, for the kids or parents attending or a cake; and
- If you require any additional lanes booked for older siblings or adults attending we can offer $7.00 a game. We recommend that AMF parties are for kids aged 5 and above to deliver the best experience for the children.
What if I want to change the food I ordered for the party?
Platters cannot be cancelled within 72 hours of the party.
Can I book out the Laser Skirmish area?
Laser Skirmish cannot be exclusively booked unless your group fills capacity of the arena.
If your party does not fulfil the arena capacity, other guests may be playing in the arena at the same time.
If your party is Laser Skirmish only, please remind your guests to wear closed sport shoes.
Is there a minimum age for Laser Skirmish?
For safety reasons, the minimum age for children in our laser arenas is 6 years old. A party for a child turning 5 years old cannot be for Laser Skirmish.
We recommend that AMF parties are for kids aged 5 and above to deliver the best experience for the children.